Year 7 Catch-Up Premium.
Year 7 Catch-Up Premium
The Year 7 catch-up premium is used by Helsby High School to deliver additional tuition or intensive support in small groups, giving pupils valuable strategies which will help them make progress.
The government has allocated a maximum of £500 in respect of each pupil who was at a maintained school in year 6 who had not attained level 4 in reading and/or mathematics.
At Helsby High School, catch–up funding in 2015-16 was £7,000.
Allocation of Year 7 catch-up premium
- Department Leaders will be offering extra intervention and support in literacy and numeracy for Year 7 catch-up group, including.
- After school tuition and a breakfast club with teaching staff and members of the learning support team to improve numeracy skills.
- 1:1 literacy skills sessions with the Learning Resource Centre.
- The SENDCo and Deputy Headteacher will liaise closely with the Department Leaders of Maths and English and subject staff to support the progress of students who require catch-up.
- Focused intervention and In-class support for literacy and numeracy using Teaching Assistants.
- Nurture group will target literacy for Disadvantaged, below target SEND, Catch-Up and Pupil Premium students.