2020-21 School Development Plan Objectives
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
- To further develop and embed pastoral systems in order to further enhance student support and wellbeing.
- To improve student attendance, particularly that of SEND and Disadvantaged students.
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- To plan, deliver and evaluate a high quality, ambitious and broad recovery curriculum to ensure best outcomes for all learners.
- To develop teaching strategies to boost students’ learning allowing them to become more independent learners.
- To continue to facilitate opportunities for reading in order to broaden vocabulary and cultural capital so that all learners continue to make substantial progress.
- Ensure all assessment of students’ academic progress, behaviour and social and emotional needs is accurate, and that these assessments are evaluated in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure the consistent use of assessment data across the school that is tracked and monitored effectively and is communicated to all stakeholders in a clear and informative manner.
- Ensure the effective planning, implementation and evaluation of the ‘Catch-Up’ Support to ensure students’ learning and progress is back on track by Summer 2021 following the 2019-2020 Covid-19 disruption.
- Ensure that all students in the Sixth Form achieve outcomes at the very least in line with national progress expectations.
- Promote the Sixth Form effectively to Year 11 to ensure we maintain a thriving Sixth Form of at least 250 students.
- Ensure all Sixth Form students can access a programme of personal development and have a record of their experiences.