During the last academic year the students, staff and parents made nine charitable donations, which were:
- £881 for The Royal British Legion via the Poppy Appeal
- £308 for Save the Children Xmas Jumper Appeal
- 700kgs of food donated to the Foodbank
- 151 Rucksacks for Refugees
- £2000 for Cancer Research UK
- £938 for HIP (local charity based at Countess of Chester Hospital) supporting brain injury patients, families and carers.
- £653 to Comic Relief 2017
- £600 to Children in Need 2017
- 1400 old textbooks to School Aid
Thank you to everyone who donated. Without the commitment and support of the students, their families and the teachers who led these initiatives we would not have been able to make these donations.
Moving forward into 2017-2018 the main school charity continues to be Cancer Research UK. We will have a new Student Charity Team who will soon start work with Ms Simmonds on whole school fundraising.