Rucksacks For Refugees Appeal: aimed at providing child refugees across Europe, and in Syria, with a small rucksack of essential items and toys/treats.
Possible items to include:
- ‘Educational’ toys (to relieve boredom), games or puzzles.
- Colouring pads/paper and crayons, pens or pencils.
- Bubbles, balloons, etc.
- Torch (ideally non battery operated, i.e. wind up).
- Small soft toys/rattles for babies.
- Baby wipes and/or tissues.
- Flannel, soap, sanitary items, toothbrush & toothpaste.
- Underwear, especially warm vests and socks.
- Hat, scarf, gloves.
- Personal note, ideally written on your ‘handprint’.
Please pack all items (either new or in good condition) in a good quality small to medium sized rucksack, ideally water resistant, labelled clearly with the rough age of child it is intended for. You may wish to create unisex packs, or label whether it’s primarily aimed at a boy or girl. 8-16 year old children tend to receive less than younger children and babies, so any rucksacks for older children and teens would be especially welcomed.
Please pass on to Ms. McGovern in S6 before October Half Term: if she is not in then please leave them under the long bench at the back of the room.