Many pupils are transported to school by buses provided by either Cheshire or Halton Education Authorities.
Pupils should alight from these buses in the school coach park and proceed into school along the rear of the school buildings.
Pupils should be reminded that if they miss a school bus at the end of the day they should report to the school office.
Every effort will be made to contact parents to arrange transport. Under no circumstances should pupils start to walk home without parents’ prior knowledge.
Bus Park Map
Click the image below for a larger version.
- AB44 and AB46 – Arrowebrook
- 40429 – Springfields
- 41080 – Arrowebrook
- 41096 – Arrowebrook
- 41304 – GHA Coaches
- 60340 – GHA Coaches
- 61304 – Dobsons Coaches
- 36 – GHA Coaches
- 21, 21E and X30 – Arriva Buses
Policy Information from the Local Authority
- Click here to view the document (PDF Document, 76kb)
Eligibility for support with transport costs
High School Pupils only: for families in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits listed below, there may be help with transport for those pupils who are attending one of three high schools that is between two and six miles of their home address.
- Free School Meals
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (but not Contribution Based)
- Income Based Employment Support Allowance (but not Contribution Based)
- Child Tax Credit (annual income must not exceed £15,910 from September 2013)
- Maximum Level of Working Families Tax Credits
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
Summary of policy
- The Integrated Transport Service will provide assisted home to school transport under the following circumstances:
- (a) Where a pupil attends the local or closest available school and the distance by the shortest available walking route exceeds two miles (primary school) or three miles (secondary school). The local school is defined as the school in which catchment area the pupil lives.
- (b) Pupils may qualify where the route to the local school is less than the statutory distance but has been assessed by the Integrated Transport Service as hazardous. Please note that it is the responsibility of a parent/carer to arrange for their child to be accompanied to and from school by a responsible person and hazardous routes are assessed on this basis.
Current fares charged by contractors
- Important Notice about Bus Fares (Published: 21/03/2013)
GHA Coaches (Bay 1)
- £1.20 single to Elton
- £1.80 return
Arrowebrook (Bay 3, 7, 8)
- AB45 (PM only) – £1.20 single
- AB44 – £2.00 single
- AB46 – £1.20 single
Springfield (Bay 4)
- £1.50 each way
Local Authority charges for bus passes
|Term 1||Half||Term 2||Half||Term 3||Half||Total|
- INZ – inzone
- OOZ – out of zone
- TIU – under 16
- TIO – over 16
School Transport Enquiries
For all enquiries regarding school transport please see the contact information below.